Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Poem: [Reality] Check

[Reality] Check – 11/29/08

I'm an addict
The walls around me should be padded,
Added, I'm strung out
Can't remember the last time I hung out,
I just keep shooting and shooting
Hoping that one day I can stop
But it's just so hard, it feels so good
I have no regard, but feel I should,
This drug is amazing, my eyes ablazing,
From the vivid pictures painted
My brain tries to drain it,
But my heart fills with feelings
Then builds these buildings,
Monuments to dependence,
Upon the incense, of my burning corneas
I depend on the the deep end,
To allow me to feel the rush of living on the edge,
On the edge of sanity, created by my lack of vanity,
For there is not a vain vein in my body,
And these humble veins humble pains,
Created by my affliction, I mean addiction,
But as I experience the highs and lows
Of what goes on when my eyes are closed,
One thing keeps me from falling in completely
She that completes me:
[Reality.]

-ATLthePoet

No comments:

Post a Comment