Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Poem: Love, Untitled

Love, Untitled – 11/14


Never have I been in love
But I defend love, to the end, love
May be blind, but that's fine,
It's to make you think with your heart,
And see with your mind,
Any kind
Of guy can catch an eye,
But very few can capture your mind,
Mine, is waiting to be intertwined,
With the mind of a lover who's mine,
Not as in posession, but by natural selection
As nature picks me, to live and love gently,
I'm a gent see, a rarity, bringing clarity
To the parity of the average black male,
Average tale, is that "Oh I'm not the same"
"I won't run game," then he does it,
Putting the rest of us to shame,
Too lame
Are those guys, with those lies, they chose thighs
Over what's behind those eyes,
Those flies
Simply pester, not knowing they sequester,
Proving guys like me to be better, and I bet her
Mind would rather be intrigued,
Than filled with thoughts of an unplanned seed,
Or of always smelling like weed,
But I'd lose that bet, love hasn't agreed with me yet,
Yet I continue this fervent defense,
Although in a sense, my innocense, needs a fence
Because I get hurt by wearing my heart on my sleeve,
A place it won't leave, please believe, if I could conceive
A way to guard myself, I would, but at heart I'm good,
So I see nothing wrong, with keeping my chastity for a long,
Long time, for a long time, I thought love didn't love me,
But in honesty, love, I love thee, this love sea,
My ever churning emotional tempest, the best,
Of me, the world has yet to see, because you see,
Love, isn't something I need,
It's something I bleed.

-ATLthePoet

No comments:

Post a Comment