Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Poem: Cocoa Butter: The Ode to the Good Man

Cocoa Butter: The Ode to the Good Man – 11/18


The past is just that, the past,
Time has passed, yet you're not past
The things that hurt you, how do I know?
Scars last,
Scarred last, so deeply, deeply caring,
But left staring, wondering, crying,
The lover in you dying,
Dying from the pain,
Dying to escape the rain,
Attempting to leave,
You no longer wear your heart on your sleeve,
Your heart's on leave, you replace it as you grieve,
Leaving a hole, a scar, no man can fill.
Fill, no, but I want to heal
Make you feel, feel like you felt
Before the damage was dealt,
I want to be your emotional Cocoa Butter.
All you have to pay is attention,
No tension, not here, no fear
I'm not the poison of the average brother,
Unlike any other, could be approved by your mother,
I'm here to close your wounds, make your scars disappear,
And have it appear, as though they were never there,
They're nothing to me, because I see,
Your inner beauty trapped behind them looking timidly,
Asking and begging to be freed,
From the bars of the pain you bleed,
It's Cocoa Butter that you need, don't try to read,
Read me as a guy trying to play you,
I'm just trying to save you, from you,
Your own worst enemy, you don't have to be in to me
As long as you let me run my course, I don't use force,
I'll simply and slowly heal, I'm the real deal,
And if that's something you don't feel,
Then I'll let you be, and hopefully,
You heal on your own, you own
The strength to recuperate,
All Cocoa Butter does is rejuvenate,
But it's up to you to decide,
To use me, I know usually,
Guys have a motive,
But I'm just honest and genuine
Pure Cocoa Butter, nothing added in
Here to help your beauty within,
Become that which you exude
And make scars,
Become that which you exclude.

-ATLthePoet

No comments:

Post a Comment