Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Poem: My First Cut

My First Cut – 9/8


They say your first cut is the deepest...
All I wanted was to be yours.
That was all.
I tried and tried
But in the end,
I cried and cried.
That was pain...
Pain beyond measure
And thinking of you
Was my only pleasure
You made it clear
That I need not have any fear
Because I never had a chance
To make you my dear
And so, all I did was for not.
I came out of my shell
Just for you to shoot my feelings to Hell.
Although I never had a chance
I dreamt of romance
And even thought about learning to dance...
...for you.
You changed me.
I put my heart out there for you to take
Yet it felt like I was burned at the stake
I made the mistake
Of not safeguarding myself from heartbreak
And paid the price.
I thought I could win you over
But there was something you couldn't get past
I thought it was insignificant
But you put it on blast.
It mattered to you more...more...
More than my feelings...
You stripped me to the core
But then left the peelings.
This may seem out of proportion to you
But it wasn't to me
You were the first girl
That I ever really wanted to want me.
You said you couldn't
Which cut so deep
All I could do
Was sit around and weep.
You really turned on my heart
Before you, I never felt so strongly
And after you, I've never felt so lonely.
You're somewhere happy
While I'm feeling like shit
I wish we were magnetic
So maybe now we could click.

-ATLthePoet

No comments:

Post a Comment