Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Poem: Wishes

Wishes – 11/17


I wish...
I wish I was thug
On 'the block,' around the clock,
Dumber than the rock,
That I'm trying to sell, just to hear a mother yell,
About her son dying, while I'm crying,
Because I can't afford J's and rims that spin 2 ways,
Things that prove I'm real, that no woman can make me feel
So I could think of you,
Think of you as just another ho
And not the girl I can't let go,
Let go of my heart,
You're holding it tight, holding it right,
I wish I was holding some white,
To get you addicted,
Like I am to you, I am to you
But a college boy, college toy,
Nothing or no one, no one
Understands how I wish,
I wish I were an athlete
So with other girls you had to compete,
Complete, me, no girl could,
But they would get the wood,
Then get chucked like the woodchuck would,
I'd chuck you if I could, but you're too good
I'd f*ck you if I could, that's what an athlete would,
Say, but there's no way, I could try to run a play
On you, though you could do it to me, because truly,
I'm completely in to you, there's nothing I can do
But if I were a rapper, and a girl made me catch feelings,
I could slap her, tell her to lick the rapper,
Have 'morning after' after 'morning after'
Pass her to the crew, let them do what they do,
Let her lack of self-respect accrue, make her think she's my boo,
Then ask her why have one when I could have more,
And they're better looking than you, have her paid by the crew,
Then be through,
Yes that's what I could do
But would you, want all that fame, nah,
You treasure who you are and your name,
Oh I wish I was the average black prettyboy
You'd love my clothes and looks,
Not care about me not hitting the books,
Think it's cute when I tell you to cook,
Shrug it off when other girls walk by and I look,
Believe I can do no wrong, believe I won't tell you so long,
Before long, you would be wrapped around my finger,
Thinking of me all the time like your favorite singer,
Then I take advantage of you, say I love you,
Just to 'love' you, say "no glove boo"
And just when you say "I put no one above you"
You find out that you're girl number two,
And that there's nothing you can do...

But don't believe those wishes,
Like a shooting star, I was shooting far,
Far off, just had to vent, my mind is spent,
So many thoughts, all for the bad,
Here's the wish I've really had:
In those situations, I made you want me
And that's because you won't see
That the wish that I really want to come true
Is you loving me the way I love you.

-ATLthePoet

3 comments: