Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Poem: Her Name: Jigsaw

Her Name: Jigsaw – 8/13


It was a beautiful summer day
And I was in awe
I saw the most beautiful woman
Her friends jokingly called her Jigsaw.

I pondered this name
But had nothing from which to draw
I had had enough of the thinking
I needed to talk to Jigsaw.

We met, and talked
And told me she liked her food raw
So we went to a sushi bar
And I got to know Jigsaw.

We began to date
And she showed not a flaw
I was really falling for her
But still didn't know why she was called Jigsaw.

She wasn't puzzling
And happened to be a southpaw
I was becoming more in love with
And more curious about: Jigsaw.

After I said "I love you"
And she said the same
Very soon after that
Did Jigsaw begin to change.

She was no longer sweet
And a lover no more
She trampled my heart with her feet.

She wasn't my honey
And cheated on me daily
She even took my money.

When I said "I love you"
She didn't care
And said "Well, I don't love you."

She broke up with me
After I gave her my all
And introduced her to my family.

Needless to say, I was crushed
My heart let out cries that couldn't be hushed.

When it was all said and done
The pieces of my heart totaled 1,001.

And then I understood.

My heart was left as a puzzle; a Jigsaw puzzle, featuring many fragments that I would spend months piecing back together.

She did this to every man she dated, getting the best out of him, then breaking him down to absolutely nothing, earning her the name: Jigsaw.

-ATLthePoet

No comments:

Post a Comment