Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Job As A Father - 12/13/11

"The way I see it, my job as a father starts long before a child ever comes into my life. Working on my character, creating a lifestyle conducive to a child, making sure the mother is someone not only that I like, but that would be a great mother so the child would have two loving and involved parents, not having people in my life that wouldn't be good influences, having a stable home and good financial standing ahead of time...it's all pivotal, in my eyes. I just refuse to bring a child into this world when I can't give she or he more than I had in my childhood, when I'm not where I would want to be as a father, when the time just isn't right. I take it so seriously...and that's why I focus on being a young man of quality so much. My job as a father began when I was old enough to become one."

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment