Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Freestyle Piece: I'm Not The Type - 12/6/11

‎"I'm not the type to impress you just to undress you...unless it's taking off that bulletproof vest you wear to protect your heart. We have to connect to start. I'm trying to bridge points A & B, get from 'you and I' to 'we,' and create an opportunity to see what's been hiding behind all those walls. Guys have to go through a maze to get to the real you, and I refuse to do that and risk never getting to feel you. You're a young lady of many layers, and I'm going to peel you until I get to the core...find out what you're willing to die and live for, figure out what makes you give and what you'd like to get more. I'm not content with the surface, nor is the physical enough. How you're willing to be shallow at length, making wide statements? It won't work for me. X and Y are ok, but I'm about that Z-axis: depth. What's inside of you, what makes you tick. And with time as a fourth dimension, I can guarantee this won't be quick. Why? Because I'm not the type to impress you just to undress you...keep your chastity belt on so I can mentally test you and spiritually assess you. What you've been hiding is the best you..."




-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment