Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Introspection - 12/13/11

"Honestly, there are times where I forget what a friend is...feeling alone on a journey while unsure of what the end is. Trying to remain some type of optimistic; so much is going on that I'd have to stop to miss it. Nights of reflection, days of effort. A heart of gold but spots of darkness, emotions like a leopard. Decisions peppered with grains of salt...girls disappearing and it's appearing like it's all my fault. Despite technology bringing us closer, I'm still distant from those who matter. Friendships are supposed to be tapestries, but all I have are tatters. Supposed to be cooking up great things for the world, but I'm getting stuck in the batter...taste it enough and your contentment gets fatter, doing all I can to hide it by being dapper. Just to get through the night I write, moonlighting as a pseudo-rapper, spending time creating rhymes to get it all out; it's dangerous to keep it all in. Maybe it's time for some new clothes and sneakers to fall in. Anything to keep the paradigm from completely stalling. I'll answer my desires before my needs when they come calling. Seems like uncertainty is a way of life these days...as much as it's given me to think about, it's given me a lot to write these days..."

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment