Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Freestyle Piece: The Wondering of Dating - 10/13/11

"The beginning. The initial helplessness of falling. The late night calling, lack of stalling, walking before we're crawling. It's as though the exposition of this play has been expedited. I sped past every checkpoint in your heart, just as you did mine. Let's slow down time...post a five minute speed limit on your curves and I'll abide by the law. I won't be so quick to tell you you're perfect once I find a flaw, and when you find one of mine, you'll suffer from shock and awe. Should we get it while it's hot rather than risk it being warm? Will waiting do any real harm? Sex would end the journey at lust; finding love begins at trust. The real you, the real me, they lie beyond the horizon. Do we take what we have now, or test our timing?"

-A. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment