Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pot Of Gold - 7/1/09

You...
You read my mind
Time after time.
I used to sit and sip my orange juice
Hoping no one warned you
About the impending crush I was catching,
Fetching a trey for you whenever you walked in
You somehow knew what was going on.
Going along with it,
You played clueless
While I figured since I was a yellow fellow,
Liking you would be useless,
As I would never be able to walk up to you.
Other guys would try to talk stuff to you
And you would shut them down quickly,
They had me green with envy,
'Til one day you sat down with me.
It blew my mind that you would do such,
And you had to have known it would mean so much,
Because you sat with a smile, and I smiled as well,
With that of a child.
Your hair was colored with streaks of indigo,
With a bright shirt, pastel skirt,
And Chucks that seemed to glow.
You made simple look so elegant
Violet peace sign hanging from your neck
Was just so relevant,
As you asked if I wanted to talk about Iran
Saying that I appeared to be an intelligent young man.
In a state of flabbergast, I almost had to ask,
Why are you talking to me?
But I held it together,
And said "sure, and thanks for commenting on what you see."
We conversed until our food got cold;
It didn't matter...I had found my pot of gold.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment