Sunday, July 12, 2009

Titillating Tidbits! - 7/12/09

The things we understand least in life help us to understand the most; however, this is only through the prismatic lens of retrospect, which diffracts our once singular view so that we may see the same occurrences in different lights, allowing for deeper understanding and more mental clarity.

Logic is but a path, a set of thoroughfares built to lead you to an answer or a conclusion. However, understanding is a never-ending archipelago, surrounded by a sea of questions, answers, conundrums and such, to be traversed by free thought. And so I ask: are you an explorer? Or do you simply drive the streets everyday as though life is a 9 to 5.

If you were poetry in motion, I think you'd probably consist of elaborate metaphors and elevated diction, apropo of your eloquent beauty.

She made me feel like sand, coarse, because she was so fine and of course, she was so very fly, but when I came at her she didn't hit me with an attitude, this elicited my gratitude, her altitude made me want to change my latitude, told me she didn't have a dude, knew I had to move, so I invited her to my place, told her I was a poet and would spit a few bars, took her to the balcony for a night amongst the stars.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment