Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nightvision - 5/27/09

What a love...
We were happy
And things were so right,
Future was so bright,
But now I can only think of you at night...
At night you used to call and text
Text not just me, but also your ex
Your ex wasn't the only either
As you rendezvoused with your next,
Soon I had to make my next move my best move
Thought it out well like a chess move,
But before it could occur,
You had me unsure...
You did things, told me they were flings, and that it was done
But what pain it brings, to feel the sting and know I'm not #1,
And so day turned to night.
No longer did I see you with light,
As a woman with an aura of greatness
But just a harlot with a heart of fakeness
I have nightvision...I only see you in the dark
In the dark is where you dwell,
Where you recoup after you fail,
Men's feelings you assail,
Just because you think they'll let you live well...
You're just an apparition now
A ghost of the past that swirls at night
The darkness around you fits just right
As I couldn't see you in any other light
Your heart is like your wrist and neck,
Draped in ice,
I payed the price, for loving you
And now you're on to another dude,
But it doesn't matter...he'll see the moon soon
As you drag him to the night...
Loving you was the wrong decision
In my heart you made an incision,
Just the right size for an icepick
Thought I made the right pick
But I was so wrong
And now it is so long,
Because I can see...
See through all of your shady ways
All of the games you play
In other beds you lay
While our relationship goes through fission
I'm dropping you, there's no pension
And did I mention?
It's not that I paid attention,
I saw you slippin'
Because I have nightvision.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment