Monday, April 29, 2013

This Time Of Night...

My imagination runs wild at this time of night...
Is it chasing after you?
Why is it that you start sprinting when it's after 2?
Every corner of my mind closes in,
Seeking to trap you, slow things down.
All I'm ever left with is a fast-paced headache.
Throbbing from all of the poking and prodding,
All of the questions that you won't answer,
All of the desires I project on a ghost.
I continue to do the most,
While assuming you care the least.
Somewhere you're resting peacefully,
As I tweet about not being able to sleep.
Late nights that become early mornings...
Meant for passionate lovers or unrequited others.
Doubts rise with the moon,
A high tide of wide eyes staring at facts that haven't changed.
The only difference is that staring for so long has left things rearranged.
What I thought was affection was mere decorum,
What I thought was interest was simple friendliness.
The irony of falling crazy trying to make sense.
It's 3:55...too late to be so live,
Too early to have my mind in overdrive,
Too much of everything to be thinking of anything but sleep,
Yet my shallow confidence resonates in the deep...
My imagination runs wild at this time of night,
Chasing after peace of mind.
I want to be a factor in yours,
But I can't seem to keep more than a piece of mine.
...especially around this time.

-A. Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment