Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Girls Love Rihanna **inspired by Drake's "Girls Love Beyonce"**

See..
Girls love Rihanna.
Girls love that she's a badass.
You?
You're no different, with your bad ass.
You swear you're a part of the "navy,"
Although your actions say "I'm drowning, come save me."
Lately, I can't believe I once thought you would play me.
Your looks slay me, have me near thirst daily,
And your mind captivates me.
So intellectual...such a sapiosexual.
Most guys get lost in you,
Breaking their hearts just to give you a piece...
Not knowing that you keep options, two apiece.
You also shed tears, two at least,
When you're drinking, feeding life to a beast.
You go out at night, leaving safety to find peace...
Your spirit got lost in the lights.
Laying in a cold bed with wet dreams,
Reading dry texts on warm nights.
Continually getting left while looking for Mr. Right...
Always left in the dark, despite being so bright...
Yet you're still the only girl in my sight.
Something about you is just different.
Despite deafening silence within you,
You know just how to listen.
However, we both know that something's missing.
I don't know what it is, but...

I'm not really sure how to feel about it,
Something in the way you move.
Makes me feel like I can't live without you,
Takes me all the way.
I want you to stay...

I want you to stay,
Love me in your special way.
What's missing is the part that I kept on giving,
A heart filled with empty commitments.
You've been hurt and you built walls with the pain,
But I chose to deal with the hurt by filling a moat with the rain.
I don't want you drowning trying to get to me...
Why is it that neither of us can get past history?
What's the point of finding love in a hopeless place,
If we're just going to fall in it at a hopeless pace?
Fail to find trust, only a hopeless trace?
Fail to build a foundation, only a hopeless brace?
Questions, doubts that need not be faced.
We may have baggage,
But I think it's time our luggage gets replaced.
Put your pain in wisdom,
I'll put mine in progress.
We'll support each other through the process.
You're used to dating men that you took on as projects...
I wonder if you'll leave when you realize I'm not that...
Got me gone in my feelings, and I'm not back.
I still don't know what it is, but...


I'm not really sure how to feel about it,
Something in the way you move.
Makes me feel like I can't live without you,
Takes me all the way.
I want you to stay...

I want you to stay.

-A. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment