Thursday, May 16, 2013

Echoes of the Dark

A shadow, dancing on the wall.
Even though I'm not waiting for your call,
I'm waiting for you to ring...
Ring through my mind.
Echo.
Reverberate so I may regurgitate,
Relive the moments and memories.
Expend myself recapturing the energies.
Some ironic form of synergy...
The truncated pieces of the conclusion meld to continue endlessly.
Highlights of low, dark places.
I've tried to focus on the good times...
But that's like reading a poem with an explosive end,
And attempting to focus on the good lines.
Our plot was twisted.
Not by fate, but by the hands of the innate.
Safeguards and insecurities,
Very defensive and extra critical,
Assassins in the metaphysical.
As they left us reeling,
We also bumped into the glass ceiling,
Better known as expectations.
Ours were great, and caused more dickens than Charles.
They were not unrealistic though...
Just too much for two people that wanted to be enough.
We lost the simplicity.
Intricacy and intimacy are great,
And they can help two people relate,
But not all matters of the heart need to be ornate.
As I piece together tatters of the patterns,
I hear you calling my name.
Excitement hustles over me,
Before shedding to reveal shame.
I said I wasn't waiting for your call...
Yet I was hoping to answer you when I saw a shadow,
Heard your shadow, dancing on the wall.

-A. Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Excellent beautiful tragic love affair. The shadow dancing on the wall and relieving all that you shared was the icing on this poem. This was deep and moving.

    Waiting for you to ring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you feedback. I really do appreciate it! You say you're waiting for me to ring, but I don't know who you are...thanks again though, anonymous.

      Delete