Monday, April 1, 2013

A Bit of Gratitude...

Before I rest my head...
Let me thank you for what's been going on in it.
It's like your essence came along and sang a song in it,
And I've been writing poetry to figure out the lyrics.
It was a song of intrigue; my soul was stirred to hear it.
Most would be wary of such intrusion, and fear it...
I consider you a welcome stranger though, one of the dearest.
Your soul found my imagination's "on" switch,
And dared to do more than just go near it.
Fingerprints left all over the handle...I didn't clear it.
I'm sure if you had known you were there,
You'd have taken the evidence of your relevance and smeared it...
But you were unaware.
I was writing, and it was you to whom I geared it.
Yet, you had no idea that it took that direction because you steered it.
You must not know about your alluring spirit...
But, you must know that I thank you for inspiring mine.
It must be nice to know that you're capable of inspiring minds.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment