Friday, February 6, 2015

6:13 AM

I've picked you up
I've put you down.
I've carried you with me,
At times,
And I've thrown you around.

I've left you here
I've left you there.
I've misplaced you many times,
Just to find you again,
All without a care.

I've broken you a few times
I've patched you up a bit.
Some were mistakes,
Some was negligence,
But I never apologized for any of it.

I've let you fall into the hands of others
I've snatched you back.
I've held you close to my chest
I've also let you slip through the cracks.

I never thought it would change
Never thought you'd be gone.
I treated you like a trinket
Now, someone treasures you as his own.

They say "you don't know what you have..."
Until absence supplants it
However, I knew exactly what was in my life;
I just willingly took it for granted.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment