Wednesday, February 11, 2015

5:07 AM

Murky waters
The joy of swimming
The adrenaline rush of limited sight
I don't know where this is going.
I understand that it's flowing,
But it's all so unclear.
We're supposed to be in this together
Yet, you're nowhere near.
You used to be...
I suppose you've gotten used to me.
Dog-paddling in a pond of puppy love
Everything was great
Next thing I know,
I'm in an ocean of emotional commotion
And we don't really relate
While struggling to communicate.
Life jacket on to keep from getting hurt,
But it's filled with fear.
Learned to carry it from past experiences
I suppose I didn't learn enough
If all I do is prepare for more of the same.
Feelings deep enough to drown in
Too dark to locate the surface.
Was this done on purpose?
Do you confuse me to have me trapped?
Lost, bewildered,
Left with no choice other than eating from your lap?
Or was this an accident?
Simply what happens
When you're too deep too soon?
Nah...
If that were the case,
There wouldn't be so much darkness.
Deep down, the grey area became black.
I'm just trying to get back.
It's all too unclear.
I understand that it's flowing,
But I don't know where this is going.
The lack of sight is troubling
Swimming in my own confusion is tiresome
Murky waters.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment