Friday, October 10, 2014

4:19 AM - 10/10/14

Your image swims in pools of words I'll never say to you...
In lakes of possibilities I'll never explore,
In oceans of feelings I'll never share.
It's not that I don't want you to know,
Nor am I afraid of hearing you say no.
I just fear the places we could go.
You'd have the keys to me
Long before learning how I like to be handled,
Before knowing where I want to be,
Before acknowledging how I want to get there,
Before appreciating how I got to where I am.
That is a recipe for certain disaster.
A rapt mind and a pleased body will belie the soul.
Even if you stimulate my mind
And satisfy my flesh,
Will you be willing to explore the labyrinths within me?
Will you desire to help scabs become scars?
Will you insist on uplifting me
When my thoughts become most cumbersome?
I'm not trying to be let down.
I don't expect the world of you,
But I see you have the potential to give that much.
If I hold you to that and you don't deliver,
Whose disappointment is it?
Yours for not being who you could be?
Or mine for believing in who I thought you should be?
That's a quandary that too many young people get lost in.
So, your image swims in a pool of words I'll never say to you,
In lakes of possibilities I'll never explore,
In oceans of feelings I'll never share.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment