Wednesday, October 29, 2014

4:10 AM - 10/29/14

I just want to know who you're fucking with.
Who do you argue over nothing with?
Who isn't doing enough?
Who's dropping the ball, fumbling,
So I can scoop you up?
Let me know.
Give me the word,
And it's on.
Just like that.
Never been one to be pressed for a woman,
But your greatness is an undeniable fact.
It's so clear to me...like I was made to see it.
It hurts me to see you behave like you're defeated.
Tired of a man promising changes that don't come
A man that hears your love calling, but won't run
A man that won't put in the work, but wants the fun.
I'd never put down another man to uplift myself,
But the situation speaks for itself;
You can do better.
We can make it happen whenever.
Even if you need time to detach your feelings,
That's cool.
I'm no fool;
I know a woman worth waiting for when I see her.
The type to make a man stop and think:
"Have I found the missing link?"
Yeah...that's you.
Wanted. Desired.
I won't chase behind you,
But, I'd love to take you higher.
Let's build something.
I know he isn't really your man,
So pay that no mind.
We'll just go out and have a good time.
I'm looking forward to it;
You've been on my mind.
Can't wait to make you mine.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment