Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Sweetest Thing (Guilty Pleasure) - 7/11/12

Fields of sugarcane in my mind...
Syrupy sentiments rain from cognitive clouds of cotton candy.
You are the sweetest thing I've ever known.
My mind was running in circles until it tripped over one of the gumdrops you left...
Now I'm swimming in feelings sweeter than Southern cane tea.
The Gingerbread man must be sprinkling sugar in my dreams,
Replacing the Sandman's plans to soothe me with sands.
Instead, I smile subconsciously at hugs under Kool-Aid waterfalls,
Kisses crafted by Hershey's,
And breezes laden with the aroma of cinnamon rolls.
'Tis a love as fresh as warm, soft chocolate chip cookies,
Accompanied by ice cream dreams and thoughts of delectable things.
Each conversation is like a Pixy Stick, filled with intense flavor,
The kind that lingers like semantic Now and Laters.
My favorite three-layer cake features sexy curves,
A beautiful mind,
And a warm center, a sweet heart of caramel.
You're a slice special enough for my birthday.
So even on your worst day,
I'll still want you like I never should've had you in the first place.
My dear guilty pleasure...
I'm guilty of enjoying your love with every measure.

-A. Lewis

2 comments:

  1. This piece is like playing the game of "Candyland" with thoughts and emotions. Please keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love that game, LOL. Thank you very much, and I'll definitely continue writing!

      Delete