Monday, November 28, 2011

Make A Connection! - 11/28/11

‎"Are we so affected by social media that we can't even take the time to understand someone new? Are we so used to profiles that we expect to know all we need to know about someone in one measly conversation over the phone? Why are we trying to glean emotions, meanings, and inflections out of text messages? Does a facebook relationship status mean more than a heart's affirmation? Why don't we give anyone a fair chance anymore? Is that really where we are? We give someone a textual conversation and a phone conversation to stir our interests, and if they fail or don't meet expectations, that's it? We don't allow time to establish connections anymore...technology has increased the speed of the world. I don't buy into that. I do everything at my own pace, taking care and being deliberate as I go. Opportunities may pass me as I stop to inhale the inherent perfume of the proverbial roses, but isn't the ability to stop and separate myself from the society around me an opportunity in itself? I believe so. Slow down...get to know someone. Get to know yourself. Make a connection!"

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment