Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Playing With Words, Vol. 4

Thoughts of what we could be.
Assumptions of what we would be.
The potential of what we should be.
Caught up in the feelings you've brought up.
Falling for you has reacquainted me with the depths of my heart,
A place I hadn't stumbled upon in some time.
You'd think that such a warm area would be a refuge in such a cold world,
But it was quite the opposite;
Visiting meant you weren't tough enough, despite logic.
The idea of "us" was stuck in my head, and I could not dislodge it.
Different memories of you created the snapshot in my head, a composite.
Love, at one point, seemed grand and exotic...
But you lassoed the moon and brought it to me.
It's just too bad that you gave me the rope instead of tying me down with it.
My imagination ran as far as the moon would take me away,
Drifting until the perspective started shifting.
Rose lenses lost their tinges...
The facade lost its hinges.
All that I envisioned came crashing down, just like I did.
Reality prevailed...
Leaving me with the thoughts, assumptions, and potential I had originally lauded.
Oh, the irony of being in your feelings when that special feeling has departed.
It's a long climb out of here...and I don't even know where to start it.

-A.Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment