Sunday, August 18, 2013

Musings at 4AM...A Bug In Your Ear

Vibe with me for a moment...
Let me put a bug in your ear; start an infestation.
Sure, this is some smooth form of persuasion,
But in no way is it a game...
It's more of a mental impregnation,
With hopes of emotional gestation.
Any young brother could tell you that he's "not the same."
I'd rather show you that I'm different.
All I need is an opportunity,
And having only one shot at it is cool with me.
I really just want you to hear me out for a second.
I know I'm not what you're used to...
But if what you're used to isn't working,
It's left you sad, left you confused, and left you hurting,
Then why not try something new?
I could go on and on, rhyming and such,
Yet, I'd rather leave it here and not say too much.
I'll let you fill in the rest.
Know this though:
"What if" is one hell of a pest.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment