Saturday, June 20, 2009

Just A Freestyle... - 6/21/09

Sometimes I sit and wonder why I'm misunderstood
Guess I need to get this understood
I've never been average by any means
And I've always had a different view of many things
Been a genuine gentleman unlike any seen
My peers never accepted me at any scene,
Seen I was far beyond a par peon,
So they tried to tear me down with anything
Thought they had me,
Except I accept the hate with a smile, never grimacing
See the thing,
Is that I know I'm not meant to be like the rest
I know I'm meant to be something like the best
And like the best, I train hard
While the hate came hard
Went out with friends
And was treated like I co-starred
In the movie of life
But there are no Oscars
No Academy Awards,
Just some people with Benzes
And others that live near apartments with boards
The majority is forgotten because of the interests of few
Call government a macrocosm,
They don't represent me and you
You and I, we bear witness to suicide
A black man killing another at the club,
Just to get his crew inside
Through this I,
Struggle with the tuggle of right and wrong,
Wrongs can't be righted though rights can be wronged
Nights can be long, when your intellect is so far gone
Pondering things some have never seen, leaving the physical at home
Alone, which is how I sometimes feel
Wandering aimlessly,
Wondering shamelessly If I am the only one that keeps it real
Cheap it feels, to hear kind words from people
People who think the less of me with minds so feeble
Not being able to grasp even the most ergonomic of concepts
They try to belittle me because I advocate the bettering of one's self
And I don't place much value on one's wealth,
So they write me off as one self
Just a kid,
Not realizing what they did,
Proving my existence...
I am self-evident,
No possibility of my actions being feigned
I can't always be understood,
Nor can I be explained,
But I am brilliant
Effulgent in the light of candor,
A conversely axiomatic truth by name.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment