Sunday, June 2, 2013

Your Gold (Pillow Talk)

Tell me something.
Spill your soul.
Your heart is filled with priceless ore,
And I really just want to feel your gold.
We can discuss the stars,
How they mimic the ambition in your eyes...
Or we can talk about life,
And how you're so glad I'm not like the other guys.
Tell me about the butterflies,
That feeling you get when you see me.
I'll reveal how I still can't believe you're mine.
Topics shift to the metaphysical;
You'll leave me in disbelief of your mind.
Your soul is just so beautiful...
Bare it to me under these sheets.
Words shared between pillows,
Heat shared between bodies.
Love cast among the stars,
Reflecting off the moon.
To fall asleep now would be too soon.
Minds are like galaxies,
And I'm not done being your astronaut.
So many ideas and thoughts,
Planets and stars within you.
Brighter than any Sun,
Innovative woman.
Tell me about the future,
All of the shine that you can envision.
Creating it with you?
I have every intention.
Minds are impressionable at this time,
And you never cease to make an indention.
No counting sheep...my rendition?
Counting the reasons I adore you.
Tell me to go to sleep.
I'll remind you I'm watching poetry at rest.
As you drift off,
I'm tucked in by the thought of lying next to the best.
Constellations of points of conversation
Gleam in my dreams.
I wanted you to spill your soul...
You poured it directly into mine.
Now I rest in gold:
Pure, solid peace of mind.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment