Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Toys

It's four in the morning.
I should be sleeping.
Yet, I find myself thinking...
Zoning out.
So much of my attention I'm loaning out.
Giving it to you as you dream,
Hoping it makes your slumber that much sweeter.
And if you're not sleeping either,
May my thoughts reach you as fine cotton,
Accumulating in the back of your mind as a pillow to soothe you.
I only wish you a good night's sleep...
To lie with the grace of the moon's gentle glow.
You deserve nothing less, you know.
You have the type of beauty that appears in the sweetest of dreams,
Eyes that glimmer with the shimmer of the sweetest of things...
And both linger in my mind like the aroma of freshly baked cookies.
They remind me that I've been blessed so kindly by the Creator.
No greater gift can be given than love;
You make sure that every day is Christmas.
Of course you receive reciprocity,
But considering how you make me feel,
I don't think I could ever love you as awesomely.
So I send you the energies of my memories.
As I sit here recounting how greatly we relate,
I'm hoping that peace comes over you and stays consistently.
It's very likely that I'll delete this poem...
I have such high standards for what I write.
Too aware of how I feel about you tonight.
...but I hope your head hits the pillow just right.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment