Friday, April 1, 2011

A Remake of Drake's "Fall For Your Type:" "Fall For The Hype" - 4/1/11

**Quick explanation: this is about a guy that falls for a girl that frequently sleeps with "celebrities." He approaches to her in the first verse, talks about how she lied and cheated in the second verse, and how she was done wrong again in the third. The chorus speaks on the lies those guys tell her to sleep with her. Hopefully it makes sense to you. I also kept some of the original lines (and profanity) to maintain the original integrity of the song. Enjoy!**

Won't you, let me, save you from you...
Cuz you know there's something missin', but you just refuse to listen when your friends tell you 'you need to take your time'...
You're starting to feel, like love won't ever find you...
Because you keep on hoping since your legs are always open you'll attract a love that's not out there to find...
Don't run girl, I'm right here girl, change your mind...
Trying to convince yourself it's ok, making the mistake you seem to replay...

I swear you, always fall for the hype, yeah, for the hype...
Tell me why you always fall for the hype...oh ohh ohh, for the hype...
They just always that they play ball...
They just always say they buy it all...
You just can't restrain yourself at all...
You just can't explain yourself at all...
They're deceiving people like you...

Although I shouldn't judge you on the past girl, I feel like I'm competing with them all...
You say that my feelings won't last, girl; I just pray that you don't let me down right now...
But it's too late, 'cuz I'm already gone...
Even with my honesty, you still lied, and again you're all alone...

I swear you, always fall for the hype, yeah, for the hype...
Tell me why you always fall for the hype...oh ohh ohh, for the hype...

Dress hangin' off your shoulder, gettin' colder
Tellin me how he got you hammered just to screw you over
Girl quit playing, you're no victim, you're just saying shit.
Oh you're outside, he put you out, like today and shit?
Oh, wait. No I get it, so he quit it, he's been called a dog before but you still let him hit it.
Damn, damn. No wonder why you never learn your lesson.
Before it ever sinks in, you just start undressin'.
And I heard there's nothing new except for someone new
But how you supposed to find the one when anyone can come on you?
Crying to yourself, but you never listen...
I know it sounded wild when I told you I was different.
I said I would tell you anything you want to know,
Let you meet my friends, then lecture you again about how love comes from within...
But you quickly ran out, despite the time that I invested
Making all the same mistakes that I tried to help correct, but you fall...

I swear you, always fall for the hype, yeah, for the hype...
Tell me why you always fall for the hype...oh ohh ohh, for the hype...
They just always that they play ball...
They just always say they buy it all...
You just can't restrain yourself at all...
You just can't explain yourself at all...
They're deceiving people like you...

-A. Lewis

3 comments:

  1. How nice for this, being my first visit, to be the what I read. I'm intrigued and giving in to my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate you checking out my blog...thank you, sincerely. Hopefully you like what you read! Any feedback is appreciated as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added an explanation at the top of the post...if this seemed vulgar or unclear, it should bring some clarity to things!

    ReplyDelete