Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Poem: The Light - 8/29/10

Your smile, your future, your mind...the sun, the moon, the stars; everything about you illuminates my soul and my life. My strife vanishes whenever I bask in your glow. Your show of lights is not a flashing display, but rather a subtle shimmer, to many's dismay. However, I think it's perfect...it takes time and intimacy to see the intricacies, and I think it's worth it. Like a moth to a lamp, I was drawn to you so naturally. I put on no airs, I simply presented a natural me, and allowed nature to do the rest. To the best of her ability, nature gave us a platform for stability: chemistry. Like two stones struck together, your eyes and mine created sparks that would light the fires of our desires. Entire seconds of life would stand still as the lessons of life struck me like an anvil. All of the love songs began to make sense...my memory became a jukebox, and looking at you was the only time it would take cents. Your beauty's like lightning, it never strikes me the same way twice...yet every time's like the first time, it's like you were born to look nice. No amount of suns could ever brighten my universe like your entrance into my life did...I felt as though I was a man in the Allegory of the Cave, blinded by a new source of light, a new source of right that was all sorts of polite that I needed in my life, even if it took all my might. Now, my nights are filled with starry skies, as I gaze into your starry eyes apologizing for those sorry guys that told Atari lies, playing simplistic games. All I want to do is increase the already high wattage of your ambitions, your dreams. I want to cast a light on the parts of you that go unseen, the parts that guys didn't see when they did you dirty, the parts left unclean. They deserve to be noticed, so I'll keep my light focused; I mean what I say, you're too good to hocus. There's so much good in you, your soul shines like a diamond, pure, clear, and vibrant. You were a blessing from God, sent with a divine purpose: to show me a shining example of what an angel on Earth is. Worthless, you could never be, because without you my heart could never see what love truly is. Love is so amazing that it feels like a privilege, though we all have the right. You've strengthened my faith in Him; through you, I've seen the light.

-A. Lewis

* hocus - to play a trick on

No comments:

Post a Comment