Monday, August 2, 2010

A Poem: Realize Yourself, Young Lady - 8/2/10

I am well aware that you would sell a share of your soul just to feel whole, but the hole can't be filled with frills and thrills; copious coitus can't ever conquer what that void is. You back a 'love' of wealth, but it stems from a lack of love for self. Your heart is screaming out and the only one who can hear her is in the mirror. Give yourself compliments to complement what an accomplishment it is to be a young woman of astonishment. Your intelligence relegates your beauty to irrelevance, while your eloquence demands reverence. Elegance is an exuded trait, which expunged excess like jealousy, envy, and included hate. You're great...and like a horizontal figure eight, what you offer is infinite but you're risking it by keeping locked away as you block the way to your soul. Your sole purpose should be to shine your light, not to shine your might at your essence, showing that you can resist love's blessings. It's extraneous and heinous the way you pain us. Us meaning the good guys who get overlooked because of the good lies that overtook your insecurities. In securing these beliefs of mine, I find that my heart and mind are now intertwined through my soul with the whole of myself as the knot. I just want to see you with the same peace of mind. I'll even give you a piece of mine if you'll give me a piece of time to show you the peace of time with a peaceful mind like mine. In time you'll find that a guy like me is the reason and the rhyme...because for no rhyme or reason, you'll one day understand that the treason committed against your feelings was meant to start a journey that would impart the wisdom needed for you to open your heart. I just hope that I'm well aware of when you don't desire to sell a share of your soul to feel whole because the hole is filled with a holy feel that comes from a love of self and the Man Above; I'd love to be blessed with a woman that knows she holds the key to her best.

-A. Lewis

1 comment: