Monday, July 26, 2010

A Poem: The Possibility - 7/28/10

I want to be the reason you never said never...
The reason you believe in forever...
The reason why through the good and bad,
The happy and sad, the insanely mad
And when too much has been had,
No tear falls further than your cheek, ever.
I want to be the tie you can't sever...
When people give up on making you smile, I'll be clever...
The maintenance of your happiness is a lifelong endeavor,
One that I'll take on no matter the pressure
For it is my true pleasure to see you smile by any measure.
Your heart is far more valuable to me than any treasure...
Before it, I knew not the depths of my soul
I was unaware of the passionate tempest that churned out of control
My soul had pined for something meaningful, something real
Something that required for me to truly be in tune with how I feel
Something that would make the subjugation of my ego necessary
Something that would bridge the thunderously powerful river of my mind with the rough sea of my soul, an estuary...
I could never have imagined finding it all in you.
Due to natural selection and the Lord not needing correction,
I was told that no person could reach perfection...
Yet in my heart's inspection I could find no imperfection...
In you lies the validation of my past transgressions
Galvanized motivation to continue my present progression
And hope for a future sans regression.
I see the best in you because I can see the best in me
I think the two could coincide and make a best in "we"...
But I've gotten ahead of myself.
For now, you're just a young lady blossoming with every passing day,
With your confidence and class enamoring men in a most lasting way.
And me? I'm just admiring from a distance...
Well aware of how this could all change in an instant.
I know you've been hurt, which is the genesis of your hostility
But with matters of the heart, that happens with high probability
If I offered you what I described, would you assume it laced with volatility?
Or would you be open to the possibility...

-A. Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Oh such a beautiful peom! could i steal a few words, its so inspiring?!Ps: when are you coming out with a book so that many more can be aware and enjoy your writing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quote as much as you'd like, I appreciate you reading it. :) Thank you. And I don't know about the book...I guess it's coming.

    ReplyDelete