Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Love Letter to the Black Woman - 4/20/10 (from 1/18/10)

My dear Black woman...

You are appreciated far beyond words. I stand tall like the pyramids of our homeland...but your love represents the hands that built me. All that I am is because of you. You show me what poise is, through dealing with me day in and day out...what strength is by tolerating me at my worst...what compassion is by holding me when I am weak...what honesty is when you tell me I can't...and what love is when you still tell me I can. Your love is that which sustains me... for no matter what, you are right beside me. Through better or worse, sickness or health, you are there. Africa was made from beauty...so many different people, great resources, various landscapes, and a myriad of animals. And you are a microcosm. Your brown skin and black hair are like dirt and rock, shielding the world from your effulgent diamond-like soul. Your intelligence is second to none, as from you came the hieroglyphics, the alphabet, and more. The light within you shines through your beauty. Your hourglass shape is so befitting, as you are a timeless work of art. You are Africa, you are the motherland, you are my heart, you are QUEEN. And I love you more than you could begin to fathom. Thank you for being the wonder of nature that you are.

Love,

The Black Man

-A. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. God bless you Anthony...nothing but Blessings and Love from a Black Queen♥

    ReplyDelete