Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Introspective Freestyles - 2/17/10 (from 2/14/10)

"I'm not a sophomore but I'm in the Talented Tenth; I keep my girls like I'm playing the Wii, at arms-length. Keep 'em at a distance so they don't get attached; like a ball sailing with no one open, I'm not trying to be a catch. I'm just trying to do me, I do that on my own; you're a great girl, but I'd rather be alone. My misery is no mystery; if I'm plan A, head to mission B since there's no use in missin' me."

"I'm hard on myself, so I don't care when you judge; talk to me and I'm like a rock, won't listen nor budge. There's nothing you've said that I haven't thought; I'm intelligent so of course my mind seems wrought. Troubled by choice, great by design; power through voice that comes from my mind. I desire to be better but give myself no time; which results in me being off like a sonnet with no rhyme. My mental maelstrom never seems to subside; the winds of pain gust by, sounding like a dove just cried."

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment