Saturday, July 26, 2014

Inclement - 7/26/14

Time heals all wounds,
So the heartbroken simply have to stay strong and wait...
But what of the heartbreakers?
What is our fate?
Regret sets like the Sun.
Sadness rises like the Moon.
Alternating like night and day,
Leaving only the hope that peace will arrive soon.
Thoughts are much more like big, dark clouds.
Storms of contemplation rule.
Every "I wonder" rumbles like thunder,
While "maybes" and "what-ifs" pour vehemently.
Concern strikes like lightning,
Quick and intense.
It all happened despite decisions made with good intents.
What's right?
What's best?
Questions with no clear-cut answers.
...answers I surely won't find in this weather.
There aren't enough sandbags in the world,
Not enough levies in life,
To repel, or even restrain, a flood of doubts.
As water levels rise,
I can't help but be reminded of half-full eyes,
Welling with emotions swept around by the forces of nature.
Father Time will be responsible for your recuperation.
Karma will be responsible for my remuneration.
I'd give my last bit of sanity to give you the first sign of peace,
To put all of the pieces back together.
Instead, I'll watch you do it all,
Through the melancholy rainfall
Of this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment