Thursday, February 2, 2012

Full Circle - 2/2/12

"Break my heart. Smash it into pieces. Rend my hopes, dash my dreams. Make me question everything I feel, question if this is real, question love itself as I fall and kneel. Systematically raze my backbone, telling a lie to eat away at each vertebrate. Darken my happiness with clouds of doubts, and rain on me with a monsoon of sincere ignorance, politely choosing not to care about my feelings at every turn. Watch me drown in the angst; send me down the river, and push me under whenever I reach the banks. Smother me with false affection, so much that I actually think I'm your selection, then show me that it was just a ruse to get deep enough into me to leave a spiritual bruise. Have what you will, take what you want, and leave me broken, hoping that I'm no longer choking on the insecurities you bred. Destroy every bit of my trust with your eviscerating lust. Obliterate my entire ability to love. Once you're done, take a hard look at what you've become, and ask yourself a question. All of these destructive dealings came from you running away from aching feelings; so who will you run to, now that we both need tremendous healing? The only person that knows that you're reeling. Full circle."

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment