Friday, March 12, 2010

A Poem: Untitled, Love - 3/12/10

We have a love deep enough to drown in...
And if that were to happen,
Your arms are what I want to be found in...
Your eyes are what I want to be crowned in....
The art of loving you is what I want to be sound in...
A perfect lover isn't found, but made
So shower me with your affection,
Grow me so I may be your shade...
Allow me to be your bastion of rejuvenation
As you take my heart for reclamation...
See, when I love I love deeply
Which means I can get seriously hurt
Girls like to use guys with such views
So what was once a flower-filled lea became a patch of dirt.
I had very little heart left...but in spite of my heart's health,
I pledged to give it as though it was well...
And then came you...you were beyond anything that came to mind
Amazing, prodigious, you defied any word I tried to find
I saw the love you had to offer, so I mined
Digging in myself to find,
Viable recompense for this woman that seemed heaven-sent
But before I could finish the excavation
From my heart came an exclamation...
Euphonious melodies began to play
As you were on my mind all throughout the day
Before I could even find the man I wanted to offer you
You'd awakened him, and even had him frolicking too
As he and my heart skipped along to the beat
I knew that it was you that made me complete
You wanted to learn from my strengths and better my flaws
I wanted to reciprocate, and love you with no pause...
And so a stream of attraction became a river of affection,
Which raced into an ocean of love...
And now that we are at sea,
Know that I will forever be your lifeguard
Whether life be easy, or times get hard.

-A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment